Job Title: Visitor Services Coordinator
Position Type: Part Time
Hours: 24-30 hours per week
This individual will be the first point of contact for those visiting the Lane County History Museum. They will track museum admissions, perform opening and closing procedures, handle gift shop sales, direct phone calls to appropriate staff, and answer questions about our museum and current exhibits.
In addition, this individual will assist museum staff with membership coordination, bulk mailings, volunteer coordination, social media postings and other museum projects as needed.
The hours for this position are Thursday - Saturday, 9:30am – 6:00pm.
TO APPLY: Please send your cover letter and resume to: Marin Aurand, Interim Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is open until filled.
Complete List of Job Duties:
- Responsible for performing all opening and closing procedures on days that the museum is open to the public
- Answers the museum’s primary phone line. Calls transferred or hand-written messages are distributed to other museum staff as necessary.
Membership and Volunteer Coordination:
- Staffs front desk and greets the visiting public
- Tracks admissions using clicker
- Provides inquiring visitors with information on museum layout and current exhibits
- Monitors visitors visually and politely informs visitors of appropriate museum conduct when necessary
- Provides directions and parking information to visitors
- Operates museum store cash register, including opening and closing of Square software
- Helps to survey visitors on their experience at the museum and provide any feedback to staff
- Processes membership forms
- Handles member mailings and membership solicitations
- Enters volunteer timesheets
- Assists Director with recruitment of volunteers and members
- Assists will bulk mailings
Social Media and Publications:
- Assists in developing social media posts using our archive and photo collection
- Performs other duties as assigned