Position Title: Office Manager
Rate of Pay: $16 - 19 per hour (DOE), approx. 24-28 hrs per week
Reports to: Executive Director
Schedule: Tuesday – Thursday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pmSalary Classification: [PART-TIME/HOURLY/ NON-EXEMPT]
Coos History Museum seeks an outgoing, detail-oriented individual for the role of Office Manager. This fast-paced and multi-faceted opportunity involves bookkeeping and assisting with all operational and administrative tasks as delegated or assigned by the Executive Director.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Bookkeeping and Business Operations
● Document, process, file, and reconcile all financial transactions including the retail store and space rental contracts through QuickBooks Online.
● Payroll and hiring related tasks [data entry, reports, State/Federal tax and law compliance].
● Account reconciliation and implementation of the CHM budget.
● Generate invoices, accept payments, secures deposits for museum services.
● Record keeping and consistently updating the museum’s donor and membership database.
● Create and process business mailing lists and packages [contracts, memberships, bulk mailing].
● Secretarial support through reception, clerical duties, and transcription projects.
● Frequently create reports related to finance, accounting, and project management.
● Arrange, schedule and oversee appointments for different departmental needs including IT, safety, taxes, and building maintenance.
● Compliance with all CHM policies/procedures including all scheduled inspections, reporting, and protocols.
● Assist with the organization and execution of fundraising and development tasks.
● Assistants with the planning and execution of grants, events, and other museum projects.
● Manager On Duty (MOD) as needed; includes opening/closing procedures for the Museum’s front desk and Museum Store, managing the register and volunteers, assisting customers and processing sales.
● Assist with museum store budgeting, pricing, ordering and inventory through retail POS system.
● Receive and process reservations for tour groups, events, and programs as needed.
● Assist with rental event setup and rental customer service as needed.
● Advertising and website updating assistance.
● Associate degree or higher in business, bookkeeping, office administration or related studies.
● At least three years of office management, bookkeeping, or related experience.
● Experience with QuickBooks Online required.
View the full listing on the CHM Website:
CHM Job Opportunities
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter detailing their background and experience. Please also include two references.
Please submit to:
Subject Heading for correspondence:
Office Manager Application