JOB TITLE: Visitor Services Manager
REPORTS TO: Vice President, of Operations
STATUS: Full-Time, Fully Benefited, Exempt
LOCATION: Portland, Oregon
COMPENSATION: $50,000-55,000 (Depending on experience)
Our Lan Su Chinese Garden mission is to cultivate an oasis of tranquil beauty and harmony to inspire, engage and educate our global community in the appreciation of a richly authentic Asian culture.
Lan Su may have the purposeful career you have been wanting to grow with this position scope: In this dynamic role you will support Lan Su’s Visitor Services operations in order to create memorable
experiences for our visitors. You will lead our Visitor Services Associate (VSA) team which is the responsible for the daily operations of Lan Su, including opening and closing the garden, assisting visitors and volunteers on the plaza/front gate, and throughout our garden, and occasionally assisting with after-hours special events. In addition to this, you will use manage, report and reconcile financials from admissions revenue and utilize data to assist in visitor and business development.
• Supervises two full-time and six or more part-time employees, on a regular basis. Collaborates with the Retail and Art Manager on the delegation and execution of appropriate responsibilities to staff
to facilitate smooth flow of operations.
• Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion, and termination of employees, or makes related recommendations that are given weight. Assists in staff training.
• Leads service standards to ensure the best possible experience. Interacts with visitors and members in a proactive and engaging way selling tickets, memberships, and merchandise.
• Serve as the team's go-to person for customer service issues. Manage visitor emails and voicemails.
• Coordinates advance ticket and gate sales for activities and events, consulting with marketing and programming on promotional activities and logistics.
• Evaluate optimal hours and ticket pricing structure based on data, peer pricing, tourism trends. Choose ticket promotions judiciously using such data.
• Coordinates with Membership Department to perform onsite membership sales.
• Develops and executes strategies to increase admission, including partnering with travel, hotels, tours, Oldtown community for promotional opportunities.
• Partners with peer managers to produce exceptional garden events and programs.
• Manages facility rentals.
• Troubleshoots hardware and software needs for frontline staff.
• Manages and books group sales.
• Assists with Facility and Operation projects.
• Reconciles admissions sales with cash deposits. Ensures daily cash register opening and closing procedures and register accuracy and integrity are maintained by all staff on duty. Maintains accurate starting tills and banks for all retail locations.
• Projects admission annual budget and monitors throughout the year. Compiles reports regarding admissions.
• Executes garden safety and security protocols and procedures. Ensures incident reports are completed.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
Find out more.