Eugene Science Center seeks an experienced, reliable, positive individual to provide a variety of STEAM-themed educational experiences. The Program Coordinator will also assist the Education Director in the development of new educational programs and experiences, and work in collaboration with the Planetarium Manager to create and deliver planetarium educational programs.
SUPERVISOR: Education Director
TIME COMMITMENT: Full time, non-exempt position (40 hrs/wk; preferably Tues-Sat during school year and Mon-Fri during summer and school holiday breaks). Weekend, holiday, and occasional evening work required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Starting salary between $32,000 and $34,000 based on experience and qualifications. Full Eugene Science Center benefits provided.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Educational Programs (95%)
- Creates and maintains a positive environment to encourage active learning and fun for all students, campers, and guests.
- Develops, implements, and facilitates engaging STEAM activity lessons for workshops, camps, school programs, outreach programs and events, onsite public programming, birthday parties, planetarium shows, and other special events.
- Maintains supplies, technology, and materials needed for programs and activities.
- Coordinates the operation and logistics of camps and no-school-day workshops.
- Works with others to grow our volunteer program and to ensure best practices in volunteer management (including: recruitment, intake, assignment, training, evaluation and recognition).
- Assists with grant writing to create new, and sustain existing, education programs.
Other Duties (5%)
- Participates in select cross-department projects and initiatives.
- Makes external connections to the educational and vocational communities.
- Assists the organization by performing other duties, consistent with the position, as assigned.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS
Supervision of seasonal camp and no-school day staff, volunteers, and interns.
Find out more.