OMSI is searching for a part-time coding instructor to create curriculum and teach classes for their Spring/Summer classes.
Responsible for all aspects of the curriculum creation, topic specific, technology classes held at OMSI over the course of 4 weekends.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create curriculum that is focused for 15-17 year old girls.
Create 8 hour lessons and weeklong curriculum on the following topics:
- C# and/or C++ for use with Synthesis
- Agile development methodology
- Java programming
- Prepare classroom to provide a stimulating learning environment.
- Work cooperatively with OMSI staff and volunteers.
- Communicate with diverse audiences and present lively and entertaining science programs.
- Present organized, interesting, and enthusiastic science lessons based on prepare curriculum or self-produced material.
- Encourage students' natural curiosity by allowing time for student exploration.
- Arrange classroom before and after class.
- Communicate regularly with instructors, parents and coordinators, and program manager.
- This position is non-exempt, paid hourly
- This position is special project, working 20 hours/week.