The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for building and maintaining a portfolio of major donors to help OMSI achieve its strategic and operating goals. This position will work closely with members of the Development team on the identification, solicitation, cultivation, and stewardship of major donors and prospects. He or she will play an important role in developing a strong donor-centric culture across the museum. A cover letter and resume must be submitted with the application to be considered for this position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Performing the following will involve driving to various locations outside OMSI's corporate headquarters.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of 75-150+ current and prospective donors; solicit and close major gifts ($5,000-$25,000).
- Prepare solicitation strategies and plans for meetings with individual major gift donors and prospects.
- Conduct one-to-one cultivation, solicitation and stewardship meetings with donors and prospects.
Use "moves management" to motivate donors and prospects to make annual, special project, and planned gifts to OMSI.
- Participate in planning and executing OMSI's signature fundraising event, the annual Gala, and other donor cultivation events.
- Participate in staff meetings, meetings with other departments across OMSI, and other administrative work of the department as necessary.
- Participate in implementing consistent donor messaging through various communication channels.
- Manage special projects as assigned by Director of Development and/or VP.
Keep up-to-date on donor cultivation best practices as they pertain to major gifts.
- This position is exempt, paid salaried
- This position is regular full-time , working 40 hours/week.