Oregon Museums Association
$13.00 per hour
Oregon Museums Association
Part-time Administrative Assistant Job Announcement
OMA is currently accepting applications for a part-time Administrative Assistant. The hours vary monthly, due to OMA scheduled meetings, annual membership renewals, and the annual conference in October, although OMA anticipates an average 8 hours per week workload. This position works remotely and primarily via email and phone communication, with in person meetings occurring approximately three times annually.
Founded in 1978, the Oregon Museums Association (OMA) is a nonprofit membership organization that provides resources and services to over 200 museums, cultural institutions and associated professionals throughout the state of Oregon. OMA’s mission is to provide professional development and networking opportunities to build the capacity of Oregon’s museums. Offering learning opportunities through regional workshops, an annual conference, newsletters and web-based communications, OMA helps to foster and connect industry professionals with practical resources to support the success of all Oregon museums.
Administrative Assistant Position Description
To provide administrative support to the Oregon Museums Association through the direction of OMA’s Board of Directors:
- a. Under the direction of the OMA Editor, update and maintain website with Oregon museum news, announcements, Dispatch newsletters, sponsorship logos, updated member information, and other changes as needed
- a. Maintain OMA’s financials: receive, pay, and record payments in Quickbooks; and make deposits, maintain, and reconcile accounts in coordination with the OMA Treasurer
- a. Coordinate with OMA Membership Chair on renewal process, including announcements, reports, thank you letters, and receipts
- b. Communicate with members regularly via email, phone, etc.
- c. Process payments in coordination with the OMA Treasurer
- d. Maintain current contact lists
- a. Compile and send E-Dispatch each month via MailChimp in coordination with the OMA Editor
- 5. Miscellaneous administration
- a. Attend monthly board meetings and take minutes, in coordination with the Secretary
- b. Check P.O. box weekly and process incoming mail weekly
- c. Prepare OMA federal and state documents (tax forms, etc) in coordination with the OMA Treasurer
- d. Maintain organizational records and files
- e. Coordinate annual conference logistics and registration with the Program Committee Chair
- f. Staff OMA annual conference, workshops, and board meetings
- g. Facilitate any other OMA related operational issues as requested
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and works well without direct supervision
- Must have access to computer, internet connection, and printing capabilities
- Familiarity with accounting software, Quickbooks preferred
- Ability to work with computer applications including websites, Wild Apricot and MailChimp preferred
- Excellent computer skills with Word, Excel
- Professional demeanor when acting on behalf of OMA
- Must be able to compose professionally written documentation and communication
- Flexibility in availability
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- High School diploma required
- Familiarity with nonprofit organizations and/or museums preferred
- Staff the OMA Annual Conference (usually the last Sunday-Tuesday of October), workshops, and board meetings
Compensation will be provided in the form of OMA checks to be paid on a monthly basis. The payment rate will be $13/hour, with the possibility of an increase based on performance. Initial services will be provided over a three-month probationary period, with performance reviews occurring every 6 months.
To apply, please provide the items below in a single email to email@example.com:
a) Cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position
c) 3 professional references (name, email address, and phone number)
All documents must be in Word or PDF format. To avoid spam and scams, we request that you type in the subject line of your email the following information: Administrative Assistant: Your Last Name, Your First Name (Source from which you learned about this position). Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are due by January 9, 2017.