Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI)
Special Project, Part Time
$10.91 - $14.23 per hour
The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry is hiring for Science Educators to engage with the public in our Featured Hall. The Science Educator – Featured Hall implements interpretive programming for the visiting public, including schools, families, children, and adults. The Educator will provide structured interpretive programs as well as casual interpretative experiences primarily in the form of tours and demonstrations. In addition, the Educator serves as a point-person for museum volunteers on the exhibit floor.
What you’ll do:
· Present theme based educational programs to museum visitors. Roles include, but are not limited to: tours, exhibit interpretation, demonstrations, teaching classes, and casual interpretation.
· Teach reserved lab programming to elementary and middle school students.
· Participate in educational events, such as volunteer training, community events, and teacher-in-service programs.
· Order lab supplies as needed.
· Maintain a safe and secure environment for guests and staff.
· Maintain the integrity and appearance of the Featured Exhibits on a daily basis.
· Keep current in science and education related to all aspects of the current exhibit.
What you’ll need:
· Strong customer service skills.
· Professional communication skills, both written and oral.
· Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
· Ability to exercise initiative and good judgment in anticipating problems before they arise.
· Excellent attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
· Strong presentation skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Ability to work independently as well as in teams.
· Ability to work under pressure with flexibility.
· Demonstrated knowledge of informal science education.
· Bachelor’s Degree in education, science, math, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum 2 years delivering educational programming.
· Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check and reference checks.
$10.91 - $14.23 per hour.
Want to join the OMSI team? Please visit http://www.omsi.edu/careers to learn about our positions and to apply!
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.